Health & Safety
McKinlay Park Trust ("Trust") and University-Mt Wellington
AFC ("Club") are committed to the provision of a healthy and
safe environment for players, officials, spectators, and any
other visitors such as contractors and their employees.
fulfilling this commitment, the Trust and Club will comply
with all relevant legislation and continually strive to
provide a safe environment within Bill McKinlay Park.
Policy applies to the land, buildings, structures and
equipment within the Park and the activities that take part
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
To support our Healthy and Safety policy statement,
the Trust and Club are committed to the following duties:
- Undertake regular, recorded risk assessments of the
premises and all activities undertaken by the Trust and
- Create a safe environment by putting health and
safety measures in place as identified by the
- Provide information to players, officials,
spectators and any other visitors to ensure they are
aware of, understand and follow the Trust & Club health
and safety policy.
- Report any injuries or accidents sustained during
any activity in Bill McKinlay Park.
- Review all safety incidents and implement changes as
required to prevent re-occurrence.
- Ensure that normal operating procedures and
emergency operating procedures are in place and known by
all users of Bill McKinlay Park.
- Maintain a register of approved contractors
- Require contractors to follow safe work practices at
all times, to be accountable for their actions and to be
aware of their responsibilities.
- Ensure that the implementation of the policy is
reviewed regularly and monitored for effectiveness.
As A USER OF BILL MCKINLAY
PARK, YOU HAVE A DUTY TO:
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety
and that of others who may be affected by what you do or
- Co-operate with the Trust and Club on health and
- Correctly use all equipment provided by the Trust
- Not interfere with or misuse anything provided for
your health, safety or welfare.
- Ensure that alcohol is consumed only in the
designated areas, that is, the clubrooms and surrounding
- Be aware of the location of the First Aid Kit and
Portable Defibrillator for use as required.
Health & Safety Hazards
Incident Report Form